Friday, May 01, 2009

I made it to the Holy Land

After a long plane ride and a few time changes I have made it to the Holy Land. As we pulled up to the center I was amazed at the beauty of this place. We are living in what you might call a 5 star hotel. Every window looks out on the city and it is still hard to grasp the reality of actually being in Jerusalem. Walking through the city definately a new experience. I feel like it is one giant maze and I now know why we have to go in groups of three!

There is great security here. It is nice to know that our security guards always know when we are out and start looking for us if we are not back when we should be. It is also a new experience to have someone standing at the gate waiting for our return from the city. We finally got our cell phones and id cards today so we were able to go out to the city on our own this afternoon after classes. I went with a few poeple to the Orson Hyde Park. The story behind this park is very interesting. There is an article about it at lds.org. Check it out: (David B. Galbraith, “Orson Hyde’s 1841 Mission to the Holy Land,” Ensign, Oct 1991, 16)

3 comments:

Ben and Robbie and family said...

HOLY cow. How exciting!!! Glad you made it safe! Sorry we didn't make it over again Sunday night to say goodbye.

I can't wait to hear ALL about everything there. I hope you have LOTS of time to blog.

Love ya- Rob

Gwen said...

YAY! Enjoy every minute of it and send LOTS of details our way!!! (and stay safe :) LOVE YA!!!

Kristen said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you made it safe. Orsen Hyde is so pretty : ) Take lots of pictures!