Sunday, May 03, 2009

A DAY IN THE CITY...
I know my mom said that I wouldn't be able to blog but I have found that I can compress the pictures and put a few on. Today we had a free day and spend about 8 hours walking around the city. There is so much to see and I don't know if I have ever walked so much in one day! Around 5pm I was standing on top of a building looking out over the city and spotted my home way off in the distance. I suddenly realized that the little building that I was looking at was where I was headed next. Lets just say it took about an hour to get back to the Center.

This is Where I live. The bottom 5 levels have apartments for the faculty and students. Level 6 is the student level where we have our cafeteria, classrooms, lounge, and gym. Level 7 has the office and then level 8 is the library and a few other rooms they use for tours.
This is what I see when I step out on my patio. This is me and my friend Lisa on some roof tops inside the old city. We went exploring and ate lunch up here. As a side note I might add that they want us to blend in and yet require us to carry a water bottle around with us in a bright blue carrier. Can I just tell you that everyone knows who we are. As we pass by the shops they will say. "Oh the Mormons, we love the Mormons!" Lets just say that we really don't blend in :)
These were a couple of cute boys that were talking to some of the guys in my group. And yes, that is The Dome of the Rock that you see in the background.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow- How fun that you've already gotten to adventure around the city. Love the pictures!

Garrick, Holly & fam. said...

Hez- THanks for the updates on what you are doing and experiencing. Keep them coming! Love you.

John and Caroline said...

I am so glad you are going to blog. We will enjoy seeing your experiences. We love you!

Alicia said...

Hey you!!! I am so excited for you. I will be updated by your blog of all your adventures! Have a blast!

Jacob & Angie said...

Hey Hez! I'm so excited to be able to read about your trip! I'm glad you made it safe and the place you are staying looks so beautiful!