Saturday, June 20, 2009

A day in Bible Life

Our field trip last week was to a place called Neot Kedumim. This is a biblical landscape preserve where we were able to learn about the land and customs of the people during bible times.

Shepherding 101...

My favorite part of the day was when we were able to practice our shepherding skills. Our tour guide split us into 3 teams and then the challenge was on. Each group had to get the sheep into one circle, keep them there for 30 sec. then take them around the outside of another circle and finish with all of them in a third circle. It was so funny to watch! My group had the advantage of going last so of course we won! The first group took 9 minutes and we took 5. After the excitement was over we had a great lesson on leadership. You can learn a lot about how to be a good leader be following the example of a shepherd. No wonder the great leaders of the bible grew up as shepherds in the fields.



This is my friend Carie Crawl. This is who I spent most nights playing volleyball with. I am very grateful that they have a gym here. I love playing volleyball until 11pm every night I can!
Anyone miss Camping? The smell of campfire was surprisingly a wonderful treat. I have never been much of a camper but have always loved the smell of campfire and I felt like I was back home for a few moments while we ate lunch and made pita. The pita was wonderful but I think that after the summer is over I will have eaten enough pita to last me a lifetime! Torah Scrolls: At the end of our tour a Torah scribe taught us about Torah scribes. A scribe and make about one Torah per year and a scroll will generally cost around $25,000.

No comments: